Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Letter

I was feeling pretty happy about what has happened over the past few weeks, but a few things were still bothering me.  Don't worry!  You'll know everything, just be patient!  Anyhow, I wrote this letter for a certain someone, but haven't given it to him yet.  I wanted your guy's opinion on it =)

To: *********

A relationship is more than just sending texts back and forth. It's more than just good looking people. It's where each person feels something for the other. Where both care more for the other than they do themselves.  Where one would "take a hit" for the other.  Sometimes obstacles get in the way of one letting the other know how he really feels, but what he needs to realize is that there is no reason to be scared here.  No one here will hate him or judge him badly.  All that matters is that he is happy.  He will have someone to hug, tell his problems to, cry with, and maybe even kiss.  A relationship is from the heart and sometimes it comes from the most unexpected places...all he needs to do is embrace it.  And take the initiative to let the other know how he really feels...be that through a text if he is frightened; grabbing his hand and holding it for a while to be subtle, yet cute.  Or even something as bold as kissing him!  Eight months may seem like a short length of time to be together with someone one loves, but that eight months will be the best of their lives...and no one said it had to end then.  Just know that I love you and I know you are questioning.  I can wait for you.  I'll give you as much time as you need, but I won't give up in the meantime.  I'll make you know for sure that I am better for you than she is!  I love you for everything that you are, and you are the best in my eyes.

11 comments:

  1. It's a nice letter. I would have liked to have gotten one like this. I just hope he feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm...if only you had become less shallow sooner. Maybe you could have become a happier person sooner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much agree. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One heck of a love letter! I hope appreciate how much he means to you and shares the same feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that your letter is extremely powerful. Without context, it is tough to really predict the reaction. But it is a well good communication to someone who you obviously care about that isn't sure about about their own sexuality. The offer to be there, no matter what, is exactly what your friend will need to hear to know he can come back whenever he may be ready, even as a friend.

    I have one editing suggestion:
    "I'll give you as much time as you need, but I won't give up in the meantime."
    Change the "but" to "and"...

    JMHO...
    Peace <3
    Jay
    (the old fart who follows your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coldark!
    Hope everything is OK! Haven't heard from you in a while. Love an update if you get a chance. How did the letter go?
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey man! Must be near the end of the semester. Hope PhyChem went well. I just realized - holy Toledo, 17 and a college sophomore! The roots of sophomore clearly don't apply to you. Hope you'll find some time during the break to update us.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  8. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Coldark!
    I hope you can wander by and update us! Be nice to hear from you again.

    Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Luke!!!
    What's UP?
    Be good to hear from you again!
    Hit me up if you want, see my blog for contact info.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete