Thursday, July 15, 2010

Research and Responsibilities

I looked over at the clock as it clicked over to 3:34 AM.  I couldn’t get to sleep!  This has been a problem all summer because my brain just won’t shut up, but it really is getting out of hand.  I’m awake for over a day each time, sleep for a good nine hours and I wake up still tired as feck. 

To make matters even worse I can’t get back to sleep after I wake up.  So, I’m up and decided that I needed to catch up my research because I had been neglecting it the past few days.  Packing up my things I headed over to the building where I was cutting up rat brains.  Yes, I said it rat brains!


I took out my fob (an electronic key we use to get in buildings around campus) and held it up to the keypad.  Nothing…just a red light coming from the keypad, so I tried again…still nothing!  Oh crap!  Did the professor I’m working under, Dr. B, find out I had been slacking on my research for awhile now?  I tried my fob again, of course it didn’t work.  I walked around the whole building trying every door…nothing!

I was well frightened by the time I had gotten back to where I had started.  I sat on the ground thinking what would happen if Dr. B decided he didn’t want me under him anymore because he thought I was lazy.  Did he have my fob turned off, and if so how many days ago was it?  I was wondering if it was a test to see how long it took me to actually go in the research building.

I ended up calling him and leaving a voicemail after a few hours sitting outside the building waiting for someone to enter.  It was 6:00 in the morning around the time I called so I was pretty sure he would be asleep.

I sat down again and started to think about my life if my research was going to end badly.  Would the Academy kick me out for wasting a lot of their money?  I couldn’t take a step down and go back to high school because that would be too devastating for me.  Maybe I could join the army?  I’ve always wanted to fly a fighter jet.



I looked over at my phone and it was already 7:00 in the morning, no one had showed up to go in the building yet, and Dr. B still hadn’t responded to my voicemail.  Still nervous as hell, I headed back to my dorm and was finally able to pass out when I got back!

I woke up around 7:30 at night and checked my phone…no missed calls.  I thought he might have sent me an e-mail so I went to my computer and checked…still nothing.  Ok, this was getting ridiculous.  Is he ignoring me because he doesn’t want to tell me I’m fired? Lol.  That wouldn’t seem like something he would do though.

So now I’m writing this and I’m really worried about my future. I don’t want to go into the Air Force for a career because they don’t make very much money, and I want a very nice lifestyle when I get older.  That’s what I’ve been working towards my whole life, is to go into a career that pays way too much and to make a good life for my children.

On a better note a women who works at the Academy, Sue, said her husband was looking for someone to play tennis with.  I LOVE tennis, so I said I would very much enjoy that.  She told me that she would give her husband my e-mail so we could setup the details.


Sue also mentioned something about playing soccer with her son and coming over for dinner sometime.  I don’t even know the kid and I’m being invited for dinner? Lol.  We’ll see how this turns out, hey for all I know the kid is really cute!  Not really, he’s twelve…a bit young for me I must say.

************************************************
I saw the ugliest couple walking down the street today.  At first I thought about how gross they were, but then realized that they have something I don’t…love.  So now I hope one day that I’ll be part of that ugly couple group when I’m old.  Lol.  Because that would mean that the other person loves me for who I am and not my looks, which is something we should all strive for.

For now though, I’m young and I hope to be a cute couple one day! Like these two   ^^


4 comments:

  1. I sure do enjoy reading what you write. I hope the non-working fob is just an error and nothing to do with your research job. Be sure and let us know.

    A sophomore in college at age 17? You must really be a gifted student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know..., perhaps your FOB is broken, or the codes have been changed..., or you might not have 24 hour access. Have you ever tried to get into the building at that time before? Of course you could also have wrung security, that might have also answered your question. Just a thought....

    I hope you do find love one day, and not the kind that comes at the end of a bottle of vodka. I read that post, but was too upset for you at the time to respond to it. What happened to you really sucks and I hope you plan on nailing him to the wall..., in the legal sense of course. I know he was your friend, but friends don't so that to each other.

    Hugs, Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping so too Brian, and thank you.

    Octavius, I have tried getting into the building that early before, so I'm not sure what's going on. Also, I wouldn't think campus security would appreciate me calling them up so early. Thanks so much for wishing me luck on my love life, as I do for all who read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on what I have read so far about your life journey, I can understand why you might go to the dark side in thinking the professor had your access canceled. Clearly there is a more logical explanation. Things will be fine.

    Have a little hope and enjoy kind opportunities like playing tennis, having dinner and kicking the soccer ball around. There are kind people in the world.

    And I hope you find some one to grow old with. I have and it is great!

    ReplyDelete